Monday, March 10, 2008

EGYPTONEWS

pHOTO BY KENNETH PINCHBECK
K.V5, the work had been resumed

February/March. The work has been resumed in K.V5 by the Egyptian/American excavation teams in order to reveal more secrets about this massive subterranean tomb. The massive tomb entitled K.V5 probably dates back to the 18th dynasty and seems that had been used by king Ramsess II, 1300 B.C for what exceeds sixty royal sons which makes K.V5 to be the largest discovered tomb for a family in the entire history. The tomb was discovered by the British excavator James Barton in 1824 then got lost a while until it had been re-found by Howard Carter in early 1900 then it disappeared one more time till the Egyptian/American excavation had discovered it in 1999. Copyrig ©Musegypt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Art in ancient Egypt ! My T.V talk today! I hope you find it enjoyable!💙💙💙

Art in ancient Egypt ! My T.V talk today! I hope you find it enjoyable!