Monday, January 15, 2007

Saladin between the two Invincible Cities

Saladin,Cairo,M.Museum
Saladin at Damascus



The Citadel of Saladin,Cairo


On my visit to Damascus at Syria a month ago I was stunned by the beauty and the charm that Damascus enjoys. Damascus population is around 5million person, but it has an organized traffic, slightly jammed at rush hours. It is looked after by the state and always left clean by its people. Its testy restaurants are extremely irresistible. I was stopped by a unique statue for Sultan Saladin,1160 AD who once ruled Egypt and Syria, stretching a mighty kingdom includes the two invincible cities Cairo and Damascus to hold the flowing Crusade campaigns .Saladin while been confronted by a perfect rival, he caused the crusades more than a defeat .The Arab history praised the tough rival for Saladin's wars ,it described King Richard The Lion-Heart with all glorious features a knight could ever have and mutually the western historians never missed a chance to through the light on Saladin the mighty knight .History mentioned that both of the great warriors had preferred peace than war and they signed the first agreement between the Crusades and the Arabs.

No comments:

Art in ancient Egypt ! My T.V talk today! I hope you find it enjoyable!๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Art in ancient Egypt ! My T.V talk today! I hope you find it enjoyable!